Monday, July 02, 2007

Who are these women?

Apparently according to some bogus Dr. Scholls poll, Atlanta women spend on average $202 on a pair of shoes. This is $100 more than the national average.

Who the hell is spending that much money on freakin' shoes? And I say this as a legitimate shoe-lover who has easily 60+ pairs. (Don't make me count, I beg of you.) I think the most I've *ever* paid for a pair of shoes was about $120-$130 for a really great pair of knee-high boots. Buy my average is much lower than either the national average or the sky high Atlanta average, and so now I'm wondering who skewed the numbers this high. Is everyone but me in this town buying Jimmy Choos every chance they get? Apparently 2% of the respondents confessed to having spent more than $1500 on a single pair of shoes. QUOI?

I personally just can't imagine shoes being worth all that much. My boss might spend $400-$500 on a pair of shoes, but she can definitely afford it. I'd be broke by August if I allowed myself to spend more than $100 every time I get the shoe-buying urge. (Bought 7 pairs last week!)

In other poll findings, 59% of us ladies here in Atlanta have more than 11 pairs of shoes. I certainly skew this average since as I just confessed I have inordinate numbers. Then again, unlike many people out there I really have 4 different wardrobes which all require different shoe choices: business casual, business formal, outside-of-work casual, and going-out/formal. And if I trimmed down my sandal collection to eliminate the pairs I never wear because they only match 1 or 2 outfits, it would probably be more like 40 pairs of shoes. I know, I know. Still too many. You can have my extra shoes when you pry them from my cold dead hands.

1 comment:

Mike said...

a good pair of sneakers is like 110