I get Valium...woohoo!
Next week I have to return to the dentist for a very unpleasant procedure, and since last time was such a miserable experience, the dentist had agreed to call in a prescription so I could experience this "sedation dentistry" the cool kids are all talking about. Today they called to find out the name of my pharmacy so that they could call in a prescription for Valium.
I am so excited I can hardly stand it. (No, I'm not a druggie but I play one on my blog.)
When I was a senior in high school I had an ingrown toenail that got infected. I had to have it cut open and dealt with and I was really scared about the procedure, so the doctor called me in a prescription for Valium. My dad was coming home from work to pick me up to take me to the doctor's office, and I took the Valium about 15 minutes before he was supposed to be home. I was sitting at the kitchen table reading a magazine. When my dad arrived about 15 minutes later, I had slid out of my chair and was now laying on the floor under the table, feeling positively wonderful.
I can't remember much about the Valium but I know it was awesome. I remember there being a hot intern who was watching the disgusting goings on with my toe, and I didn't mind at all because I was so high.
Next Tuesday my parents will again drive me to and from the dentist, and hopefully it will be blissful. Or, at a minimum, hopefully I won't be terrified of the pain and start crying in the dentist's office, because that was really fucking embarassing.


3 comments:
Just do as Melanie Griffith did in "Working Girl." Two shots of tequila and a couple a' valium ain't a real good idea.
Enjoy the bliss.....
;-)
Oops, I meant "don't" do. Unless Harrison Ford is involved of course!
I have such blissful memories of the time my wisdom teeth were taken out. IV Valium, baby. Oh my! I never felt a thing, either during or after. Wait. Strike that. I felt great!! Sadly, I've never had Valium since then.
So enjoy it for me. Hope it all goes well.
Post a Comment