Party update
So I think I've decided on a guest list (I invited my fellow associates in my practice group, not sure how many will show but I figured I should) and a menu. And last night at Target I bought a bunch of melamine (hard plastic) dishes, bowls, etc. for the deck. I don't have any plastic glasses but I figure I have a ton of wine glasses, so if some get broken it won't be the end of the world and most people will drink beer anyhow. I also cleaned up my house again last night so that cleaning would be minimal before the party. I need to grocery shop, and get things organized, and that's it!
The menu I think I've decided on:
veggies and dip
crabcakes
chips with homemade salsa and guacamole
bacon wrapped scallops on skewers
steaks
grilled chicken (hopefully I can figure out how to partially cook it ahead of time to avoid the chicken fiasco at the cabin)
a few slabs of ribs from Fat Matt's (everyone likes them, plus this helps if more people than expected show up)
grilled vegetables
sweet corn on the cob
texas toast
baked potatoes and potato salad
avocado and tomato salad (since Sam loves it)
grilled peaches with vanilla ice cream
cherry pie, maybe? (depends on how much time I have to make it tomorrow)
beer
sangria
wine
margaritas? (still deciding on this one)


1 comment:
yummmmmmmmmmmmm
post pics of the food pwease!
i loves me some grillin'
Post a Comment