Monday, July 10, 2006

Damn damn damn

So on Saturday I tried to get Tom Waits tickets (he's playing at the Tabernacle August 1st, and he rarely tours and hasn't been to Atlanta in ages) but unfortunately they were sold out by the time I remembered to try. Apparently his concerts are so rare that they usually sell out in under an hour. No problem, I figure...I'll just pay through the nose for tickets from a broker. Only problem is I can't find any, and there are no tickets listed on Craigslist. This was perplexing me and I couldn't figure out why, until I went back and looked at Ticketmaster's listing--it's an all Will Call show, with tickets to be picked up after 6pm day of show. Only the person whose credit card was used to buy the tickets can pick them up. In other words, it's damned near impossible for a person to scalp these tickets. They'd have to go pick them up that night and meet their buyer at the Tabernacle to hand off the tickets; something most scalpers are loathe to do when anonymity is the usual way they do business.

Damn damn damn. I better hope I stumble onto some tickets last minute that Ticketmaster opens up.

No comments: